Reasons to train your "replacements in no particular order:
1. It gives you more people to delegate jobs to, including paperwork. r
2. Backup, you want some at least as competent as yourself to run things when you cant. r
3. It keeps your junior officers busy. r
4. When the bio-waste is introduced to the Rotary Impeller there will be less panic. as there will be some one to take charge. /r
5. If you do it right, it let's you take long "inspection" walks that help you reduce your own stress level.
It is good to see Erma smiling again!
6. If you're doing the training right they start to learn the 'why' the captain does things the way they do - and think like a captain - better able to anticipate orders and know the why behind them.